Europe is a beautiful place for anyone looking for a quick getaway. Especially with travel restrictions lifted and the world getting back to normal, Europe can be the ideal destination for anyone to blow off some steam and spend time away from all things crazy. So if you are craving one or more weekend getaways in Europe, keep reading!
But, if you are lost for a time, balancing your work and other commitments, don’t be demotivated because the two days on the weekend are more than enough to enjoy time off. Most people who work full-time think they can only travel during their holidays, but in fact, you can do a lot on a weekend getaway in Europe and save your holiday days for a bigger adventure, like Thailand or Indonesia.
Another option is to add a day or two to your city break in Europe, let’s say Friday and Monday. Then you can do, see, experience and relax way more. It doesn’t matter if you only have two days or a long weekend, these top 5 European getaways will make you feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready for a new week,
Here’s a look at the top 5 weekend getaways in Europe, we’ve done and recommend.
The 5 best weekend getaways in Europe
1- London – United Kingdom
It goes without saying – London is always the #1 destination for a quick European getaway and is an easy 1st place in the top 5 list. You’ll never run out of options in London – so many places to visit with the best views, fabulous restaurants, and houses the best bars in Europe.
Be inspired to plan your London city break, read our guides:
- A day in London: what to do and see
- Great things to do for free in London
- Brighton day trip: things to do, eat and see
- How much does it cost to travel to the UK? Prices and daily budget
- You can find the best hotels for your London city break here!
2 – Paris – France
Another city that goes alongside London is Paris, and it is one of the best weekend trips in Europe you can take if you love the city and the musing.
During summer, Paris can feel even more magical. Apart from the usual sightings – the Eiffel Tower, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and the Arc De Triomphe, you find few of the world’s best culinary experiences.
Here are some tips to plan your Europe city break in Paris:
- 5 Travel tips to enjoy Paris like a local
- Our Favorite Romantic Things to do in Paris
- Places in Paris you should not miss
- Paris Marathon Review » Course, Training & Travel Tips
- The best hotels for your Paris weekend getaway are here!
3 – Budapest – Hungary
Budapest can take you on a cultural excursion if you have a slightly higher spend. There’s so much to do in Budapest, and trust us – you’ll not find enough time on the weekend to do all of it, but you can make it to all the important ones.
Famed for its culture and the beautiful buildings, you’ll find several dream-like places for the gram’. The city itself is enchanted, and a picnic in City Park or a cycling tour around the city won’t cost you too much.
The city also hosts some of the best five-star accommodations. However, if you are on a budget, there are plenty of hotels at affordable rates a few miles away from the city.
Follow these tips to plan your Budapest city break:
- 3 days in Budapest – The best places to visit and where to stay
- Most Instagrammable Places in Budapest
- Check out these hotels in Budapest, and plan the perfect getaway in Europe.
4 – Florence – Italy
The city of Florence is so magical that you’ll want to keep coming back every weekend. Florence is the home to most of the Renaissance masterpieces, and you can spend time in numerous museums across the city.
Beyond the monuments, it is also home to a vibrant culture accommodating opera, classical music, and some of the most exquisite wines. Florence also has lively nightlife for you for your Saturday night.
Plan your European weekend getaway with these Florence travel tips:
- 24 hours in Florence: what to see, eat and where to stay
- The best museums in Florence to visit in one day
- The best hotels in Florence are here!
5 – Barcelona – Spain
There’s no other city quite like Barcelona – the fantastic sights and the exciting restaurants make it one destination you need to travel to. Barcelona is built differently – it is one of the destinations where the beach and the mountains come together in peace.
While you indulge in the city’s beauty, you have a choice – the scenic mountains or the serene beaches. Whichever choice you make, you’ll not be disappointed.
Read these guides and plan a perfect weekend in Barcelona:
- 5 Tips to enjoy Barcelona like a local
- 9 Reasons to travel solo to Barcelona
- Top 10 non-touristy places to eat out in Barcelona
- Adventure and things to do outside Barcelona
- How much does it cost to travel in Spain? Budget tips for your next trip!
- Book the perfect hotel for your Barcelona city break here!
Did you like these ideas for weekend breaks in Europe? Where are you planning to go? Share your thoughts and if you need extra info, drop us a message.