Table of Contents
- Why Langkawi is a Perfect Romantic Destination?
- – 1º » Beautiful Beaches & Untouched Forest. Inspiring!
- – 2º » The Hotels are an Explicit Invitation to Stay in Bed All Day
- – 3º » The Activities in Langkawi Are Meant to Be Done by Couples
- – 4º » Someone Said: “Food is Aphrodisiac”, I Agree!
- – 5º » Sunsets Are a Perfect For Drinks & Kisses
I was lost in my thoughts, amazed by the sky, feeling the fresh wind on my face, until the gentle waiter interrupted me with a big smile and one more glass of wine. What a perfect evening, Rob and I on this beautiful boat, sailing during sunset time. I didn’t expect that a trip to Langkawi, Malaysia, could become such a romantic getaway. Ohh, well… let´s enjoy it!
It was a perfect moment, and believe or not, that was only our first day in Langkawi, Malaysia. I never thought the island could be such a romantic destination. We knew Langkawi as a nature paradise, but we never thought it would be a perfect place for a honeymoon. In our case, second honeymoon.
So if you are looking for a romantic destination to celebrate love, spend precious time with your soul mate or just spice up your relationship: go to Langkawi, Malaysia. I’m not going deep on details, but I can say that this trip to Langkawi made a good impact in our love story! 😛
Our mission in Langkawi, Malaysia, was to explore the beautiful island and enjoy all the attractions. A big thanks to Naturally Langkawi and LADA for inviting us, the island was on our bucket list since we arrived in Southeast Asia. However, I never thought I would be writing about Langkawi as a romantic destination. What a great and lovely surprise!
Why Langkawi is a Perfect Romantic Destination?
I know, this is a silly question! But some of us don´t have romance flowing in the veins, so I will use my sassy skills to explain a very simple thing: Langkawi, Malaysia, is a lovebirds paradise. And I only need to give you 5 reasons!
– 1º » Beautiful Beaches & Untouched Forest. Inspiring!
Check this photo out!!
The famous beaches in Langkawi are Pantai Cenang (busy and watersports hub), Tenagh (not so crowded but still an urban beach) and Tanjung Rhu (white sand secluded beach surrounded by small islands and fabulous sea).
If these beaches are not romantic enough for you, I have a solution: rent a private boat and explore the other 99 island around Langkawi. Trust me, you wont regret! Even in high season you can hide yourself in some magnific spots.
– 2º » The Hotels are an Explicit Invitation to Stay in Bed All Day
(should I blush when I’m writing this?)
Langkawi hotels are amazing. Seriously, they are so beautifully designed, so comfy and with such a good service, that you don’t feel like leaving the room. Or you can just go from the bed to the beach, and that´s not a bad idea. 😀
If you want to celebrate love, here is our suggestion for hotels in Langkawi, Malaysia… Some of them have been romantic tasted by us!
At Berjaya Resort you can get more than a view. The chalet on the water is the ultimate lovebirds paradise, from the jacuzzi you will have the best sea view in the island.
Berjaya resort was our nest for a week, but we have the opportunity to check other hotels in Langkawi and two of them blew my mind. If you want a to stay in a stunning place, with private beach and a swimming pool only for adults, the Four Seasons at Tanjung Rhu beach is the perfect romantic address for you. The rooms are top notch!
For a different atmosphere and unique experience stay at Gemalai Village. The bungalows are built on stilts over a paddy field. The design combines the Malay traditional houses with modern facilities and comfort. The place is unbelievable beautiful, surrounded by fields, birds and buffalos. Like a fairytale!
– 3º » The Activities in Langkawi Are Meant to Be Done by Couples
If you had strength enough to leave your beautiful hotel, go and enjoy the island. Langkawi, Malaysia, is a natural paradise. In 2007 UNESCO has nominated Langkawi as a GeoPark and since that the environment has been even more protected and the eco-tourism received a big boost.
Some attractions in Langkawi, Malaysia, are truly romantic, meant to be done by couples.
– Sunset Dinner Cruise: no doubt this was one of the most romantic things we did in Langkawi. A huge boat sailing around the islands, delicious dinner, drinks and stunning sunset. It can´t get wrong! For your perfect cruise contact Naam Adventure, those guys rock!
– Massage on The Beach: most of the hotels have special service and packages for honeymoon or romantic getaways. Talk with the staff and check their options for couples massage.
– Private Sailing: many companies in Langkawi offer private boats for day sailing. You just need your sunglasses and sunscreen. Don´t forget to ask the captain to take you to secret beaches and hidden spots.
– Spa & Wellbeing Centers: I don’t know you, but I never get tired of being pampered. In Langkawi, in the middle of the island, the sea water flows from the ground in high temperature. At Air Hangat Village (salt water hot spring) you can relax your feet and legs in one of the pools and after go for a massage, jacuzzi or some beauty treatments. Naturally Langkawi has a good Spa Guide, where you can find all the information about the facilities, services and locations.
– 4º » Someone Said: “Food is Aphrodisiac”, I Agree!
Good food is easy to find around Langkawi, Malaysia. Seafood lovers will be in heaven there. My pick for a delicious fish meal is definitely Orchid Ria on Pantai Cenang beach. You can choose your dish straight from the aquarium and eat in a local atmosphere. Nothing is fresher than that!
For a romantic dinner go to Seashell Restaurant. Book a table outside, in the middle of the paddy fields. You won’t regret. The vibe of this place is unique, there we tried the traditional Malaysian recipes, seafood, fish and the most delicious meal we eat in the whole trip!
If you don’t want to leave your hotel paradise, ask them to organize a lovely dinner on the beach. Candles, nice meal and the most romantic atmosphere ever… Great idea for a proposal too! 😉
– 5º » Sunsets Are a Perfect For Drinks & Kisses
After a long day exploring Langkawi, or sunbathing on the beach, the twilight is the moment everybody is waiting for. From the boat, from the beach or from the balcony of your hotel, doesn’t matter, sit beside your love and enjoy the beautiful nature! One more day is finishing and tomorrow a new opportunity to life and love, that is an excuse enough to be happy and celebrate! One more wine please!
I know that not everybody is romantic as me (actually I don’t consider myself a super romantic girl), but for sure Langkawi will melt your heart. The island is so relaxed, friendly and full of couples that seems the love is floating on the air… It´s something contagious I think! Even Rob was catch by this lovely wave. I didn’t complain at all!
During our stay in Langkawi, Malaysia, we met couples from all around the world. From USA, France, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Syria. As usual we were the only Brazilians there. But my point is, Langkawi is a perfect romantic destination for different types of couples, because it has so many different attractions. No doubt you will find a perfect activity and perfect accommodation for you romantic style too.
For me the only down side of Langkawi is that all the attractions and hotels are far from each other. So be prepared to use taxi or rent a car, because the lovely mood won’t last after such long walks. However, a positive thing: the taxis have fixed rates. From one point to another in the town you will pay a fixed price and most of the hotels have the price list on the reception. So you don’t need to bargain!
Apart from all the romantic stuff, Langkawi has another really interesting asset, it´s a tax-free island . So if you get tired of your partner, or if you need a quick break, go shopping!!! There is a shopping center where you can find worldwide brands… Better than a romantic getaway only a diamond ring. [or not :-D]